Purchased and used by most people with confidence, and even at home, multiple sockets have their limits. They can be dangerous and cause a departure from fire in your business.
Context : A business owner is urgently called in the middle of the night because his premises are burning… He immediately goes to the scene. Fire ravages part superior of its offices. Firefighters respond quickly. Fortunately, there no injuries, that’s the only good news, because for the rest, it’s the family business which is partially destroyed.
Causes : The fire started in the break room located on the 3rd and top floor of the building: 3 coffee makers, 2 microwaves & 1 kettle were connected to a multi-socket extension.
- Carbonization of servers and IT equipment located on this floor
- Production room completely destroyed
- Partial destruction of the building
Cost of damage : € 365,000
And the consequences could have been much more dramatic !
Be sure to monitor the temporary connections in your company and be in good standing periodic checks of electrical installations carried out by an approved body.
REMINDER OF INSTRUCTIONS :
- In priority, use a wall outlet directly connected to the electrical distribution network
- Use multiple sockets certified NF Standard
- Preferably use multiple sockets with switch
- Respect the maximum authorized power (indication on the power strip)